Thursday 14 July 2011

SUCH A PRIVILEGE

Discovering the stunning beauty of Scotland (beach side)

I used to run/jog after office hours at ship’s gym and for the last week, I’ve tried to run/jog outside the port and enjoyed the beauty of its scene, that’s the reason why I bought a Fujifilm FinePix S2750HD which really superb at the cheaper price of £129 pounds.  Taking details of flowers, grass, skies, birds, beaches and water at a glance felt that I’m a professional photographer (posted at picasa web, flickr and multiply).  It’s really a privilege of having such a great job whilst enjoying the historical city of Edinburgh.  Accustomed to what I’ve been doing for the past countries I had like Qatar, UAE, Saudi Arabia and Trinidad and Tobago, I always gone out for a walk taking pictures of anything that catch my attention. 

An Extra Mile

This is the third time I jog/run from Port of Leith to the near long beach, other places is from Port of Leith to Princess/Queen St and vice versa which is 6 kms, and Port of Leith to Ocean terminal which  is less than 5kms in total.  So I was thinking to add an extra mile and discovering what’s in there.  I was astonished to see the beauty of this place called Portobello.  Looking for an answer on how far it was from Port of Leith to Portabello is around 5kms meaning a total of 10kms back and forth whew! I might join 10kms run when I come back to Manila (but the difference is the good weather and the beautiful place/people). 

Portabello
Back to the place, people were very happy with their family, friends and colleagues playing in the sand, boat racing, aerobics, drinking to name a few.  Childrens are too happy running around under the heat of the sun, (actually Scotland every so often, experiencing rainy showers during summer).   The place has two small amusement arcades called Fun City - Amusement Emporium and Tower Amusements.  There is a baths built in 1901 which was overlooking the beach now know as ‘Portobello Swim Center’ and still open today (I checked and closed at 10pm hmmm I will try one of these days if there’s still time) and are home to one of only 3 remaining Turkish Baths in Scotland.
If I knew from the beginning, similarly what others say, “there’s a beauty lies ahead...” we, people at times fall on the negative side of life where we don’t extend or were afraid to get out of our comfort zone.  That’s one point I always tell everyone when it comes to any circumstances life is offering.    Fear in taking a risk but need wisdom if whether will harm us or not.  Anxious in everything but you have a big God to handle.  To get out of our comfort zone really pays a lot based on what experience I had.  I reached those dreams, I’ve been a seafarer in just a month, I discover in and out of cities (thanks to Google lol), I shared and shared experiences and everything I can even the most embarrassing moments in my life and even the recent complex status. 



 
I shall return...
I shall return” once said by Lt. Gen. Douglas McArthur as he left Philippine Islands during World War II.  At this point in time, I shall return together with my armies (lol) and excited to share with them during our lunch meal at ship’s messhall.  Our crew and other AB’s will be with me as I return to Portobello today after office hours.  As usual I need to pack new batteries for my camera and expected to take shoot of almost 250 for this time... 

To be continued.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the free Edinburg/Leith tour. Looking forward to seeing someday also, through your camera lens, the Glasgow and Aberdeen area :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete