Saturday 9 July 2011

Anorexia nervosa

As I watching television last night at Channel 4’s Supersize vs Superskinny, I was alarmed that I might have this kind of disorder. 

When I came back from Qatar in 2009 weighing 75 kilos with a big stomach (lol) which was noticed by my friends and since then I became too conscious on my body.  I dreamt I have a body similar to Derek Ramsey, Piolo Pascual and the likes (lol).  For that reason, I’m beginning to enjoy running and start joining marathon and fun run.  The first marathon/fun run I joined is “Run United for Wellness” which was organized by Unilab Laboratories.  Ahead of the event, one month training was arranged at the ULTRA and I don’t missed any day of their schedule.  Surprisingly, I lost 9 kilos during that training from 75kg to 64kgs.  It turned-out to be proven that running is the best treatment for obese people.  I kept running as possible as I can and kept joining fun run including 2010 Milo Marathon held in Manila.  To date, I weigh 64kgs and still running around the beach and cities of Leith and in our ship’s gym. 

Back to program I was watching, I think controlling of what you eat is the best possible solution not to be supersize or superskinny.  Most of body conscious figure desires to have super-sexy body which in turn becomes a symptom of Anorexia.

Wikipedia defined Anorexia nervosa also known as simply Anorexia is an eating disorder characterized by refusal to maintain a healthy body weight and an obsessive fear of gaining weight. It is often coupled with a distorted self image which may be maintained by various cognitive biases that alter how the affected individual evaluates and thinks about her or his body, food and eating.  Persons with anorexia nervosa continue to feel hunger, but deny themselves all but very small quantities of food. The average caloric intake of a person with anorexia nervosa is 600–800 calories per day, but there are extreme cases of complete self-starvation.

Oh, its lunch time and need to take my meal, I don’t want to refuse the delicious and eat- all-you-can messhall...

Pinoy Ako

p.s. Just like me, don’t forget to feed my fish. They have no Anorexia nervosa!

No comments:

Post a Comment