Friday 15 July 2011

LIFE AS ITS FULLEST...


Such a privilege Part 2
Filled with excitement, I returned to the place I discussed yesterday (Such a privilege)the historical Portobello, packed with my camera and spare of batteries. Again, it took 30mins run/jog to reach the place, I take some pictures from promenade gate heading towards the Portobello so you'll see how far it was. By the way, as I informed yesterday about the armies (crews) I'll be with, are no longer available for they have no money(?). I don't know why money is always the reason for others not to enjoy the beauty of nature, to feel the fresh air at the seashore, to look and find what Scotland has to offer, etc. etc. I don't even spend a single penny for just a walk or run around the city 'coz I sometimes bring chocolates with me and water. Though in the Philippines I spent around £30 pence to run/jog along Roxas Blvd and CCP complex (despite polluted metropolis).
As I reached the west of Portobello watery and tired for continuous jog, I grab my camera in my bagbelt and started photoshooting.


Firstly, the bar called the Forth View and the cute siamese(?) cat at the table (no customer at that moment) here at the west side of Portobello. Do I need to inform you details by details or I will post a picture and let your imagination works (lol). For others, a couple of time sitting on the bench overlooking the beautiful bay of North Sea while chatting with friends, reminiscing, playing or anything you want to is quite a relieve for stressful activity.

Scotland, here in the city of Edinburgh in fact is a great and good defender of earth. Yeah, its true! this are people I wish we have in Philippines. People who has a compassion on preserving the earth and its environment, animals, human rights, etc. I desire that Filipinos, too often be aware and concern with our forest, seashore, rivers, lake and the like. Here in Scotland as I noticed (as you see in the pictures) you cannot find any squatters in shoreline, you cannot find any animal brutality, I remember one lady who is fined and imprison because of throwing her cat in garbage bin. Even the birds is protected, it is forbidden to kill. Recently one man is imprison of shooting the birds. Criminality is less compare to others (maybe because of huge cctv camera place on roads and different locations).

One of the vision of ecologist and nature peace corps is to start treating the earth as something precious that needs our protection and careful management. Thus, we all need a planet that is ecologically healthy and able to nurture life in all its diversity. We have a full responsibility in taking care of the earth God has given us to live on. Scotland is good steward of his environment. I envy this country as such but as I've told from my previous blog, there is no such PERFECT government.


Back to Portobello, I enjoyed taking photo from side to side, far and behind as continue walking down the isles of Portobello. Here you will find amusement center, there are many playgrounds for kids and childlike, comfort rooms are available in certain place, I saw a Sailing and kayaking club, the Portobello swim center and so much more that you will enjoy and stay for a while. There you are, a beautiful town of Portobello in Edinburgh Scotland.

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen or met any Pinoy/Asians residing in Edinburg ?

    ReplyDelete