Friday 8 July 2011

THE JOY OF HAVING A WHITE COLLAR JOB

It really pays to work in a company were the duties and responsibilities often related to light and easy job.  I remember those teen years I’ve been looking for a blue collar job that might help in supporting my studies.  I always borrowed my cousin’s Sunday’s newspaper, the classified ads of Manila Bulletin, just to look for part-time available position.  I went to SM Department store in Makati applying for the position of bagger, tried to apply at McDonalds for a crew position, to Isetann in Cubao but unfortunately all was turned down.

To survive in life’s difficulty, you need to have a fighting spirit, believing that, if not today there will always a new day to come.  I don’t miss borrowing my cousin’s Sunday newspaper due to not having spare money to buy one.  I always reminded of Joseph, whose life has been captured by circumstances in the hands of his brothers.  And everytime, I heard the songs, “When God closes the door, He opens the window, He opens the window so I can see the very best for me...” There will always be a hope!  The first job I ever had is in Business District of Makati as a Data Entry Operator continuously until completing my Bachelors Degree in Business Administration.

White collar worker as defined by Wikipedia is a salaried professional or an educated worker who performs semi-professional office, administrative and sales coordination tasks, as opposed to a blue-collar worker whose job requires manual labour.  As I help the galley staff yesterday in transferring all those heavy and big stuff from the deck to galley warehouse, I realized how I blessed in having such a good job.
Is it destined for having a white collar job? Or focusing yourself in reaching your goals and dreams? And believing in God’s promises, “For I know the plans I have for you... plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment